Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting my baking GROOVE back on!!!

It's been a while but much to the kids delight I am slowly getting my baking groove back on.  One of Mathews friends gave him a cookbook for his birthday last year called Classic Desserts.  We had a go last year at our first ever Lemon Meringue Pie.  I don't know what sort of preservatives go into mass produced cakes but what we found interesting is that the meringue on our pie shrunk over several days in the fridge, but that does not happen to the meringue on the mass produced pies we bought in for the shop at the time...

Anyway pastry is NOT my strong point, and we'd like to try the pie again.  Next time I'm going to experiment a little and make the Lemon Meringue Pie with a cheesecake biscuit crust instead of pastry!

So in an effort to use up some ingredients yesterday with a soon to expire shelf life the Flominator and I made a classic lemon cheesecake, and last night Mathew helped me with a Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding.

The recipe was made for a 1.5 litre capacity container, but it looked so tiny for the 7 of us so we doubled it to fit into our faithful lasagne dish.  Unfortunately I had a migraine (still do) so doubling the recipe was doing my noodle in and the kids weren't helping so we ended up with double the doubled amount of sour cream (if that makes sense to you at all, lol) but my my it was SUPER DELICIOUS!!!!  There was NO complaints once it was cooked and served with big scoops of vanilla ice cream.


Not the best picture but its from my mobile phone so I could send it straight to Facebook!

Tonight we taste the Lemon Cheesecake :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment