Monday, April 8, 2013

Banana Caramel Muffins

I love bananas & I love love love those yellow banana lollies, but that is where my banana love affair ends. Banana milk? Gag. Banana cake? Gag....You get the idea. But from time to time I end up with overripe bananas in the bowl so waste not want not! Plus the kids haven't inherited my dislike :-)


1 cup self raising flour
3/4 plain flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
60 margarine melted
1 cup of milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana
1/3 cup caramel bits

Preheat your oven to 170 degrees fan forced.

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl & wet ingredients in another. Make a well in the dry ingredients & pour the wet ingredients in. With a wooden spoon mix until just combined, do not beat.

Divide mix between 12 texas muffin cases & cook for 22 mins or until lightly golden & just firm to the touch.

Cool in pan for 5 mins then transfer to wire rack to cool.

NOTE: I double batch everything as there is so many of us, but this is a single recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment