Thursday, October 24, 2013

Daughter of the Star Breather!

I came across a beautiful picture whilst browsing Pinterest that said "Daughter of the star breather" and referenced Psalm 33:6



I'm not as familiar with Psalms as some of the other books in the Bible so I looked it up.



"By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth." NIV



"The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born." NLT



How beautiful. 



I knew straight away I could use this quote for some of my girl canvases & I got started on two before I had finished my last "Called by Name" canvas.



These canvases turned out just as I had imagined them. I altered some of my Scrapbooking supplies so they would fit the look I was chasing.



One canvas was to be my very own, as the quote had really spoken to me & the verse had too.



The other was for a friend of mine who I wanted to bless in a special way.



My friend loves sugar skulls & the 'girl' is meant to represent her, so thankfully I had the perfect Kaiser paper from one of their 'boy' lines.



I considered taking the time to hand colour the skulls into sugar skulls but I didn't want them to dominate the canvas. So I used dimensional magic & kindy glitz to make them pop off the dress & I am so happy with the results.


When I gave it to my very surprised friend she said "I would TOTALLY wear this dress!" 

Awesome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment