Monday, December 16, 2013

What Sets Your Heart Free?

A little while ago while working on my canvases I prayed about a different approach, a new saying or verse to use for any non believers I wanted to gift a canvas to; something that still held meaning but not as confronting maybe.

Anyway I walked into Roma Gifts (on Marine Terrace) one day & found these little dishes


I think they are meant to be for placing used tea bags on or small jewellery.

The words just unleashed a yearning in my heart & then almost straight away I was reminded of one of my all time favorite bible verses.

"I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."

I knew straight away this was the answer I had prayed for.


I had a plan to make a canvas for my SIL for Christmas.


I decided from the beginning to try and match or complement the dish, which I was also giving her.


The first background I painted didn't turn out right. My daughter loved it & it WAS very pretty but somehow the colour scheme turned out wrong & so I put it aside and started again. 


And I'm SO glad I did! 


The second time round I paid much more attention to what I was doing & the results are AWESOME!


I pray that my SIL & whoever else views this canvas feels the same yearning I did when I read those words; but not just hears them, that they will feel compelled to find an answer!


So tell me....What sets YOUR heart free??

No comments:

Post a Comment