Friday, January 24, 2014

Under His Wings....

Remember I've blogged previously about praying  to God for what words to put on my art gifts?



This is another one.



I have a friend who've I've known for over 10 years now. Over time she has blessed me in different ways. I know she loves music, birds, bird song & God; so instead of doing a girl canvas I wanted to make something for her that reflected these things.



I had a different peice of chipboard art picked out but was given this 'fence' peice late last year and decided to use it.



I used my previously practised technique of gluing Bible pages to the wood to cover the bird.  



I don't know why but I'm really digging turquoise at the moment. I'm not sure it shows up well in the finished product but I attempted to paint in ombré style as well as using the crackle medium.



Then I put the flowers together pretty much as I would with a canvas. 



Can not wait to give it to my friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment