Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Power of Pinning...

I'm confused by a newly acquired awareness that the majority of people don't use what they Pin to help them create things...apparently they just pin & pin & pin & don't do anything with that knowledge....



In fact Pinerest is synonymous with procrastinate...!?!



My past posts show what I've taken from Pinterest & 'nailed'; some I've even sarcastically nailed :-/ And I blog what I do & upload to Pinterest detailing my pitfalls or success for others to learn from or get inspired by.



But now I think quite a few people I know feel inadequate because I apply what I Pin.



I'm sharing pics of the baby shower I hosted today.  I had a secret board on Pinterest as there was lots of pregnant mummies in my friends circle & I didn't want anyone lifting my ideas before I'd had a chance to use them. It also helped with the element of surprise for my friend.



Aside from most of the food which was my own idea, as was dying as much of it pink as was possible, the rest was all ideas I found & learned on Pinterest.  Some of it I only stumbled across in the last few days of prep.  



I not only pinned the ideas I wanted, I read the sites & sometimes tutorials that went along with them.  A few times I also needed to google the item to get a broader knowledge base for the one idea.



I'm so happy with my results, and yes it was about twoish months of work, fit in amongst Christmas, a trip away, school holidays & making the most of my time with 6 kids.



All I want to say is if you Pin & don't do....you're Pinning the wrong stuff... :-/



And yes my friend absolutely loved her baby shower & canvas :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment