Thursday, December 4, 2014

Beautiful Scandalous Night

God gave me a vision of a new take on my previous Tree of Life canvases & I absolutely love it!!


My friend showed me a coloured glass bowl she loves and I knew straight away I wanted to make a canvas that incorporated those colours, and would help decorate her new home.  The picture below is a photo I snapped off quickly of the bowl while I was visiting :-)








This project ended up being the quickest that I have ever completed a canvas, even though I employed a new technique!





But the first step was choosing the right colours and layering them correctly.







While that was drying I gathered the lyrics of one of my favourite songs of all time and printed them out in a nice font on standard printer paper. 


Beautiful Scandalous Night

 

go on up to the mountain of mercy
to the crimson perpetual tide
kneel down on the shore
be thirsty no more
go under and be purified

follow Christ to the Holy mountain
sinner, sorry and wrecked by the fall
cleanse your heart and your soul
in the fountain that flows
for you and for me and for all

Chorus
at the wonderful tragic mysterious tree
on that beautiful scandalous night you and me
were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
on that beautiful scandalous night

on the hillside you will be delivered
at the foot of the cross, justified
and your spirit restored
by the river that pours
from our blessed Saviour's side

- Chorus -

Bridge
you carry the sin of mankind on your back
and the sky went black
go on up to the mountain of mercy
go the crimson perpetual tide
kneel down on the shore
be thirsty no more
go under and be purified

- Chorus (2x) -
on that beautiful scandalous night
beautiful scandalous
miraculous night



 Miss 21 helped me to reverse the whole document so that the finished product would have readable lyrics.

Then took my standard Kaisercraft wooden tree that I have used on my previous Tree of Life canvases and, using gel transfer medium, applied the page of lyrics to the tree.  I left it to dry for 24hrs.

I have only used the transfer method once before and that was transferring photos to pine.

Removing the paper was a very delicate task & sadly some of the words did peel off.  I didnt have any problems with the photos peeling when I did them, but my SIL in law did, so in a way I was ready for it to happen.  Overall though the results were very good, and pretty much in line with how I wanted the tree to look when finished.







Once fully dry I sealed both the tree and the canvas, but separately.  Then I attached the tree to the canvas & it was done!  From start to finish the piece took me 3 days. :-)








But best of all.....my friend LOVES IT!  And she saw straight away that the colours matched her bowl!  How awesome is that??? :-D














No comments:

Post a Comment