Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Songs That Inspired Me While Writing The Heroes of the Ashes

I've shared a little in previous posts about how I have made the covers of my books The Heroes of The Ashes: Book 1 - The Ache Inside Part I and The Heroes of the Ashes: Book Two - The End of Life As You Know It & The Ache Inside Part II.







Today I wanted to share some insight into how the books have come together.

Unless you're involved in a certain industry there can be a lot that goes on behind the scenes that you, the consumer, are unaware of. For example plenty of people still don't know that movies are generally filmed out of sequence, tv shows too. This methodology maximizes the use of sets and costumes for scenes that are held in a particular setting. I've heard rumours that some tv shows shoot scenes chronologically but I do not believe it to be a common occurrence. And then after filming there's all that post production.

Well, my books ( I envisaged a trilogy ) have been written out of sequence. :-)

The most writing I had completed until recently was on Book 3 with Book 1 running a close second.
That's why I've been mildly freaking out and suffering writers block since having Book 1 published. Book 2 is MOSTLY unwritten except in my brain....scary thought....!

I've always had a very strong idea of where we will leave Esther, as in when our time sharing her journey will finish, and I found it very easy to write the scenes between the characters, particularly those between Eden and Esther, and Esther and Nathan.

I see Esthers story as strongly character driven and almost completely subjective, as in we only know what our main character knows. If Esther doesn't know, we don't know, unless we the reader are given insight through the point of view of another character. In Book 1 we enjoy primarily Esthers view point with only a small look into the questionable workings of Edens mind....

The rest of what I had written was little cut scenes that came to me here and there.  When I decided to get serious about online publishing I started the process of connecting all the sections that made up Book 1 together. During this process I also continued to write other snippets from the next two books as they came to light.

I think Book 2 has always been harder to pen down because it's closer to home and I want to get the details right, even though Miss 21 keeps reminding me it's a work of fiction, I still want the details in  Esthers world to be as close to real and accurate as possible. Or at least plausible??

So the good news? Book 3 is almost finished. Hee hee hee. Not much good to those waiting for Book 2....hee hee hee

Anyway something else I wanted to share with you is some of the songs that have made up my playlist from the very beginning. Keep in mind a lot of these songs relate to the trilogy as a whole, although the storyline in Book 3 was a huge influence at the time I first made the playlist. Curiouser and curiouser she says....

Some may be familiar, others not so much. 


Enjoy a walk through the soundtrack of The Heroes of Ashes.


The Last Day on Earth  - Kate Miller-Heidke  - listen to the song here.


Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding


It's the last day on earth
In my dreams, in my dreams
It's the end of the world
And you've come back to me in my dreams


Between
The dust and the debris
There's a light
Surrounding you and me


It's the last day on earth
In my dreams, in my dreams
It's the end of the world
And you've come back to me in my dreams


And you hold me closer
Than I can ever remember being held
I'm not afraid to sleep now
If we can stay like this until


It's the last day on earth
In my dreams, in my dreams
It's the end of the world
And you've come back to me


In my head I replay our conversations
Over and over 'til they feel like hallucinations
You know me, I love to lose my mind


And every time
Anybody speaks your name
I still feel the same
I ache, I ache, I ache inside


In my head I replay our conversations
Over and over 'til they feel like hallucinations
You know me, I love to lose my mind

And every time
Anybody speaks your name
I still feel the same

I ache, I ache, I ache inside

I ache, I ache, I ache inside
I ache, I ache, I ache inside
I ache, I ache, I ache inside



Songwriters
MILLER-HEIDKE, KATE / NUTTALL, KEIR
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

When I listen to The Last Day on Earth I don't hear the same romantic love song as others do. I hear a mother crooning for her lost child much like in The Water Lily as featured in The Ache Inside Part I. 



Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol - listen to the song here.


We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything

Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel


Those three words,
Are said too much
They're not enough


If I lay here

If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

(In album version but not in music video)
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


Songwriters
LIGHTBODY, GARY / CONNOLLY, NATHAN / QUINN, JONATHAN GRAHAM / SIMPSON, TOM / WILSON, PAUL
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group




Where You Go I Go - Jesus Culture - listen to the song here.


Where You go I go
What You say I say

What You pray I pray
What You pray I pray (repeat)

Jesus only did what He saw You do
He would only say what he heard You speak
He would only move when He felt You lead
following Your heart, following Your spirit

How could I expect to walk without You
when every move that Jesus made was in surrender

I will not begin to live without You
for You only are worthy, You are always good
You are always good

Where You go I go
What You say I say God
What You pray I pray
What You pray I pray

Though the world sees and soon forgets
We will not forget who you are
and what you've done for us,
what you've done for us



Resistance - Muse - listen to the song here.


Is our secret safe tonight?
And are we out of sight?
Or will our world come tumbling down?
Will they find our hiding place?
Is this our last embrace?
Or will the walls start caving in?

(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
But it should've been right
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Let our hearts ignite
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Are we digging a hole?
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
This is outta control
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
It could never last
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Must erase it fast
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
But it could've been right
(It could be wrong, could be)

Love is our resistance
They keep us apart and they won't stop breaking us down
And hold me, our lips must always be sealed
If we live our life in fear
I'll wait a thousand years
Just to see you smile again
Quell your prayers for love and peace
You'll wake the thought police
We can hide the truth inside

(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
But it should've been right
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Let our hearts ignite
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Are we digging a hole?
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
This is outta control
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
It could never last
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
Must erase it fast
(It could be wrong, could be wrong)
But it could've been right
(It could be wrong, could be)

Love is our resistance!
They keep us apart and won't stop breaking us down
And hold me, our lips must always be sealed
The night has reached its end
We can't pretend
We must run
We must run
It's time to run
Take us away from here
Protect us from further harm
Resistance!



Songwriters
BELLAMY, MATTHEW JAMES
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.



Who Are We Fooling - Brooke Fraser - listen to the song here.


So we're back here again
Tip toeing round the edge of the end
Wondering who will be last to admit
That we're finally over

Turned twenty one on the day that we met
Terrible shoes and plausible dress
It's funny how sad the funny things get
As you grow older

Better or worse, but what else can we do?
And better or worse
I am tethered to you, if it's not either of us
Tell me who are we fooling?

I love the art of biting my tongue
I'm tired of trying to guess what was wrong
Both agreed on where we should go
But not how to get there

We tried and tried to loosen the knots
Thinking once we're untangled we'll be better off
But it's these failures
And faults that hold us together

Better or worse, but what else can we do?
And better or worse
I am tethered to you, if it's not either of us
Tell me who are we fooling?

This beautiful tangle that's bruising us blue
It's a beautiful knot that we just can't undo
Together we're one but apart
Tell me who are we fooling?

'Cause real love is hard love
It's all we have
It's a break-neck, train wreck
It's all we have

So we're back here again
Turning away from the edge of the end
Arm in arm

Better or worse, but what else can we do?
And better or worse
I am tethered to you, if it's not either of us
Tell me who are we fooling?

This beautiful tangle that's bruising us blue
It's a beautiful knot we just can't undo
If it's not either of us
Tell me who are we fooling?

Together we're one, but apart tell me
Who are we fooling?


Songwriters
FRASER, BROOKE / HAYLES, MATT
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC




Set Fire To The Rain - Adele - listen to the song here.


I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true
And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cry
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

When laying with you
I could stay there, close my eyes
Feel you here, forever
You and me together, nothing gets better

Cause there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true
And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where I felt something die, 'cause I knew that
That was the last time, the last time

Sometimes I wake up by the door
As if that heart you caught is still waiting for you
Even now when it's already over
I can't help myself from looking for you

I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where I felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, oh
Oh, oh

Let it burn, oh
Let it burn
Let it burn


Songwriters
ADKINS, ADELE LAURIE BLUE / SMITH, FRASER LANCE THORNEYCROFT
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC





White Blank Page - Mumford and Sons - listen to the song here.


Can you lie next to her
And give her your heart, your heart
As well as your body

And can you lie next to her
And confess your love, your love
As well as your folly

And can you kneel before the king
And say I'm clean, I'm clean

[Chorus]
Tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart
Oh tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart

A white blank page and a swelling rage, rage
You did not think when you sent me to the brink, to the brink
You desired my attention but denied my affections, my affections

[Chorus]

Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life
Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life


Songwriters
MUMFORD, MARCUS OLIVER JOHNSTONE / DWANE, EDWARD JAMES MILTON / LOVETT, BENJAMIN WALTER DAVID / MARSHALL, WINSTON AUBREY ALADAR
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group


Be On This Road Again - Zachary John


Click HERE to listen to this local Geraldton musician!





Impossible -James Arthur - listen to the song here.



I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did

And you were strong and I was not
My illusion, my mistake
I was careless, I forgot
I did

And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
You have gone and so effortlessly
You have won

You can go ahead tell them
Tell them all I know now

Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be

Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible

Falling out of love is hard
Falling for betrayal is worse
Broken trust and broken hearts
I know, I know

And thinking all you need is there
Building faith on love and words
Empty promises will wear
I know, I know

And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
And if you're done with embarrassing me
On your own you can go ahead tell them

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be

Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible

I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, hoped would be
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible


Songwriters
Birgisson, Arnthor / Wroldsen, Ina Christine
Published by
Lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.



Wednesday Morning 3AM - Simon and Garfunkel - listen to the song here.


I can hear the soft breathing of the girl that I love
As she lies here beside me asleep with the night
And her hair, in a fine mist floats on my pillow
Reflecting the glow of the winter moonlight

She is soft, she is warm but my heart remains heavy
And I watch as her breasts gently rise, gently fall
For I know with the first light of dawn I'll be leaving
And tonight will be all I have left to recall

Oh, what have I done? Why have I done it?
I've committed a crime, broken the law
For twenty-five dollars and pieces of silver
I held up and robbed a hard liquor store

My life seems unreal, my crime an illusion
A scene badly written in which I must play
Yet I know as I gaze at my young love beside me
The morning is just a few hours away


Songwriters
SIMON, PAUL
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group





Home - Zachary John


Click HERE to listen to this local Geraldton musician!





Don't Dream It's Over - Sixpence None the Richer - listen to the song here.


There is freedom within, there is freedom without
try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you never see the end of the road while you're travelling with me

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
But you know they won't win

Now I'm towing my car there's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof

In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the TV page

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
But you know they won't win, yeah, yeah

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart

Only shadows appear barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and relief

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
But you know they won't win

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
But you know they won't win, oh no, no
Don't let them win, no
When the world comes in, yeah

Hey now, hey now, build a wall between us
Hey now, hey now, don't let them win
Hey now, hey now, no, no, no
Hey now, hey now, build a wall between us girl
Hey now, hey now


Songwriters
Finn Neil Mullane
Published by
CHRYSALIS SONGS;ROUNDHEAD MUSIC





You Won't Relent - Jesus Culture - listen to the song here.


You won't relent until You have it all,
My heart is Yours (4x's)

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
as a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy, demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

You won't relent until You, have it all
My heart is Yours
You won't relent until You, have it all
My heart is Yours (2x)

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are One (2x"s)

I don't want to talk about You
Like You're not in the room
I want to look right at You
I want to sing right to You (3x"s)

You won't relent until You have it all,
My heart is Yours (4x's)

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
as a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are One (2x"s)

Come be the fire inside of me/You won't relent until You have it all (together in counterpoint)

~Free praise~
There's nothing we want more
There's nothing we want more
There's nothing we want more than you, Jesus. (7x)


Til the World Ends - Britney Spears - listen to the song here.


This kitten's got your tongue tied in knots, I see
Spit it out 'cause I'm dying for company

I notice that you got it
You notice that I want it
You know that I can take it
To the next level, baby

If you want this good, bitch
Sicker than the remix
Baby, let me blow your mind
Tonight

[Chorus]
I can't take it, take it, take no more
Never felt like, felt like this before
C'mon get me, get me on the floor
DJ whatcha, whatcha waitin' for?

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Watch me move, when I lose, when I lose it hard
Get you off with the touch dancin' in the dark

You notice what I'm wearing,
I noticing when you're staring
You know that I can take it,
To the next level, baby

Hotter than the A-list,
Next one on my hit list
Baby, let me blow your mind
Tonight

[Chorus]
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

See that sunlight, we ain't stopping
Keep on dancin' 'till the world ends
If you feel it let it happen

Keep on dancin' till the world ends
Keep on dancin' till the world ends
Keep on dancin' till the world ends

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

See that sunlight, we ain't stopping
Keep on dancin' till the world ends

If you feel it let it happen
Keep on dancin' till the world ends



Songwriters
KRONLUND, ALEXANDER ERIK/GOTTWALD, LUKASZ/SANDBERG, MARTIN KARL/SEBERT, KESHA
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.




Shampain - Maria and the Diamonds - listen to the song here.


Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed
Trying to hide the hole inside my head
Watching the stars slide down to reach the end
'Cause sleep is not my friend

Drinking champagne to forget yesterday
'Cause I remember the way, the way, the way
It ended that day, the day, the day, the day
That I walked away, away, away, away

Drinking champagne made by the angel
Who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
Drinking champagne made of an angel's
Tears and pain, but I feel celestial

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky
Slipping away to find a place to die
I wonder when the night will reach it's end
'Cause sleep is not my friend

Drinking champagne meant for a wedding
Toast to the bride, a fairytale ending
Drinking champagne, a bottle to myself
Savour the taste of fabricated wealth

Drinking champagne made by the angel
Who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
Drinking champagne made of an angel's
Tears and pain but I feel celestial
Celestial, celestial, celestial

Drinking champagne made by the angel
Who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
Drinking champagne made of an angel's
Tears and pain but I feel celestial

Drinking champagne made by the angel
Who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
Drinking champagne made of an angel's
Tears and pain but I feel celestial


Songwriters
HOWE, LIAM / GABRIEL, PASCAL / DIAMANDIS, MARINA
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.




I Gave You All - Mumford and Sons - listen to the song here.


Rip the earth in two with your mind
Seal the urge which ensues with brass wires
I never meant you any harm
But your tears feel warm as they fall on my forearms

But close my eyes for a while
Force from the world a patient smile

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

But I gave you all
I gave you all
I gave you all

Close my eyes for a while
Force from the world a patient smile

But I gave you all
I gave you all
I gave you all

And you rip it from my hands
And you swear it's all gone
And you rip out all I had
Just to say that you've won

And you rip it from my hands
And you swear it's all gone
And you rip out all I had
Just to say that you've won

Well now you've won

But I gave you all
I gave you all
I gave you all



Songwriters
MUMFORD, MARCUS OLIVER JOHNSTONE / DWANE, EDWARD JAMES MILTON / LOVETT, BENJAMIN WALTER DAVID / MARSHALL, WINSTON AUBREY ALADAR
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group




Uprising - Muse - listen to the song here.


The paranoia is in bloom, the P-R
Transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene,
Another package lie to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(So come on!)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick a switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die
(So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend
(So come on!)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Hey, hey, hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey!

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious
Hey, hey, hey, hey!



Songwriters
BELLAMY, MATTHEW JAMES
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.



Fame - Zachary John


Click HERE to listen to this local Geraldton musician!




With Every Breath - Sixpence None the Richer and Jars of Clay - listen to the song here.


Hallelujah from the heavens
Hallelujah in the heights above the earth
Hallelujah all His angels
Hallelujah for the last will be first
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord

Hallelujah in the morning
Hallelujah for the beauty of His scars
Hallelujah in the twilight
Hallelujah sun and moon and shining stars
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord

When the night seems so long (throw your hands to the sky)
You can sing a new song (wipe the tears from your eyes)
When you're weak, He is strong
He can heal your wounded soul
And calm the storm inside

For all your times of laughter
In every hopeful prayer
When the world weighs on your shoulders
Through sorrow and your despair
With everything, with every breath, praise the Lord
Let everything, let every breath praise the Lord
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything, let every breath praise the Lord

When the night seems so long (throw your hands to the sky)
You can sing a new song (wipe the tears from your eyes)
When you're weak, He is strong
He can heal your wounded soul
And calm the storm inside





Someone Like You - Adele - listen to the song here


I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light
I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't over

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead

You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised in a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't over

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead, yeah

Nothing compares, no worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead



Songwriters
ADKINS, ADELE LAURIE BLUE / WILSON, DANIEL D.
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC



Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri - listen to the song here.



No, I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love
I loved the most

I learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

I've learned to live, half-alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

Dear, it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Runnin round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?



Songwriters
LAWRENCE, DREW C./PERRI, CHRISTINA JUDITH/YERETSIAN, BARRETT NOUBAR
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC



Furious - Jeremy Riddle - listen to the song here.


Nothing can tear us from
The grip of His mighty love
We’ve only glimpsed, His vast affection
Heard whispers of, His heart and 
passion
It’s pouring down…

             
His love is deep, His love is wide
And it covers us
His love is fierce, His love is strong
It is furious

His love is sweet, His love is wild
And its waking hearts to life

The Father loves and sends His son
The Son lays down His life for all
He lavishes His love upon us
He calls us now, His sons and daughters
He’s reaching out…
His love is deep, His love is wide
And it covers us
His love is fierce, His love is strong
It is furious

His love is sweet, His love is wild
And its waking hearts to life
                           
… and its waking hearts to life
                       
He is waking hearts to life
                        
He is waking hearts to life




Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel - listen to the song here.


Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening

People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools," said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"

But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming

And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence"


Let Her Go - Passenger - listen to the song here.


Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make a dream last
But dreams come slow and they go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies

But you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go

Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
'Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast

Well you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
'Cause you loved her too much
And you dived too deep

Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go (oh, oh, ooh, oh no)
And you let her go (oh, oh, ooh, oh no)
Will you let her go?

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go




Songwriters
ROSENBERG, MICHAEL DAVID
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC




Love, Love, Love - Of Monsters and Men - listen to the song here.



Well maybe I'm a crook for stealing your heart away
Yeah maybe I'm a crook for not caring for it
Yeah maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person
Well baby, I know

And these fingertips, will never run through your skin
And those bright blue eyes can only meet mine across a room
Filled with people that are less important than you

All cause you love, love, love when you know I can't love
You love, love, love when you know I can't love
You love, love, love when you know I can't love, you

So I think it's best we both forget before we dwell on it

The way you held me so tight all through the night
Till it was near morning

Because you love, love, love when you know I can't love
You love, love, love when you know I can't love
You love, love, love when you know I can't love, you...




Songwriters
HILMARSDOTTIR, NANNA BRYNDIS
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC





After the Storm - Mumford and Sons - listen to the song here.



And after the storm,
I run and run as the rains come
And I look up, I look up,
On my knees and out of luck,
I look up.

Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay
But I won't rot, I won't rot
Not this mind and not this heart,
I won't rot.

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.

But there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.
I won't die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and man so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.




Songwriters
MUMFORD, MARCUS OLIVER JOHNSTONE / DWANE, EDWARD JAMES MILTON / LOVETT, BENJAMIN WALTER DAVID / MARSHALL, WINSTON AUBREY ALADAR
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group



Stars - t.A.T.u - listen to the song here.



How did we ever go this far?
You touch my hand and start the car
And for the first time in my life
I'm crying

Are we in space? Do we belong?
Someplace where no one calls it wrong
And like the stars we burn away
The miles

Ya zvezda, ty zvezda
Nas prikazano szhech'
Kto-to sdal I dostal
Adresa nashikh vstrech
Potolki po glazam
I nikto ne naidyet
Soskol'znut golosa
I slomayetsya lyod
I nich'ya bez klyucha
I mogila postel'
I pora vyklyuchat'
I oni na khvoste
Ulybnis', razvyazhi
Zanaves' zerkala
Razorvi, I skazhi
Umerla, umerla
Zamykai I lizhi
Stanovis' nikakoi
I ruka ne drozhit
Vse v poryadke s rukoi
Mozhno mstit, 'dvazhdy dva
Na taksi I sosi,
A prostit' nikogda
Nikogda ne prosi
Khorosho, khorosho
Ya pridumala mest'
Poroshok vse chto est'
Umnozhayu na shest'
Ne zvoni, ne zvoni
Ya ustala, ya ustala
Ya tebya ne khochu
Ty menya zaye, la

How did we ever get this far?
It shouldn't have to be this hard
Now for the first time in my life
I'm flying

Are we in love? Do we deserve
To bear the shame of this whole world?
And like the night we camouflage
Denial

Nikogda nichego
Nichego ne nachat'
Nikogda nikogo
Umirat' I molchat'
Ne iskat', ne lyubit',
Ne zhalet' I ne spat'
Nikogda nikuda
Nikogo ne puskat'
Ne vdvoem, I ub'em
Im prisnit'sya voda
Ne tvoe, ne moe
Provoda, provoda
Geroin, pul'sa net
Tol'ko ti ne pri chem
Abonent otklyucen

How did we ever go this far?
You touch my hand and start the car
And for the first time in my life
I'm crying

Are we in love? Do we deserve
To bear the shame of this whole world?
And like the night we camouflage
Denial

How did we ever go this far?

Ya zvezda, ty zvezda
Nas prikazano szech
Kto-to sdal I dostal

You touch my hand and start the car

Adresa nashikh vstrech
Potolki po glazam
I nikto ne naidyet
Soskol'znut golosa

And for the first time in my life

I slomayetsya lyod
I nich'ya bez klyucha
I mogila postel'
I pora vyklyuchat'
I oni na khvoste

I'm crying, ulybnis', razvyazhi

Zanaves' zerkala
Razorvi, I skazhi
Umerla, umerla

Are we in love, do we deserve Zamykai I lizhi
Stanovis' nikakoi
I ruka ne drozhit
Vse v poryadke s rukoi

To bear the shame of this whole world?

Mozhno mstit, 'Dvazhdy dva
Na taksi I sosi
A prostit' nikogda
Nikogda ne prosi

And like the night we camouflage

Khorosho, khorosho
Ya pridumala mest'
Poroshok vse chto est'
Umnozhayu na shest'

Denial, ne zvoni, ne zvoni
Ya ustala, ya ustala
Ya tebya ne khochu
Ty menya zaye la



Songwriters
KIERSZENBAUM, MARTIN / POLIENKO, VALERIJ VALENTINOVICH / VOITINSKIY, ALEXANDER / SHAPOVALOV, IVAN NIKOLAEVICH / VULIH, ANDREI
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group



I Don't Want to Lose Your Love Again - N Trance - listen to the song here.



Here we stand
You say I haven't changed
But I can hide my tears
Like crying in the rain

Then you raise a smile
That touches deep inside
For when you feel there's hope
It's hard to keep your pride.

See baby if I had the chance to
I would always choose you
Even though I know you'll break my heart

I'm tired of being lonely
So baby won't you hold me
Coz I don't wanna lose your love again.

You'd better close the door
And step into the light
My eyes shine brightly once more
Like candles in the night

Standing face to face
Open arms they shall embrace you
But in my dreams
I'll keep the fears of knowing
One day like before, I could lose you .

See baby if I had the chance to
I would always choose you
Even though I know you'll break my heart


I'm tired of being lonely
So baby won't you hold me
Coz I don't wanna lose your love........again.




Too Hot to Move - The Takeaways - listen to the song here.



I can hear the timer ringing
I can hear the whistle blow
I can hear the customers, they're saying
"Yes, it's time to go home"

Everything has been delivered
Everyone has called it a day
There's the doorman checking in his pocket
for his weekly pay

And from this window, I can see the street below
I can hear the hit parade on the radio
There's dirty dishes piling up in the sink
But it's too hot to move, and it's too hot to think

Outside the dog is growling
In a dark and hollow tone
He'll be going out tonight, there's nothing here
to make him stay at home

I can hear the baby crying
Listen... Mama's crying too
No-one gets much sleeping done
till they've been crying through and through
P.S. This was from a tv show and it's actually Deborah Conway singing :-)


Beautiful Scandalous Night - City on a Hill feat Sixpence None the Richer - listen to the song here.



Go on up to the mountain of mercy
To the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore, be thirsty
No more, go under and be purified

Follow Christ to the holy mountain
Sinner sorry and wrecked by the fall
Cleanse your heart and your soul in the fountain
That flowed for you and for me and for all

At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night

On the hillside, You were delivered
At the foot of the Cross justified
And Your spirit restored by the river
That poured from our blessed Savior's side

At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night

Go on up to the mountain of mercy
To the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore, be thirsty
No more, go under and be purified

At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night



Songwriters
DAUGHERTY, DERALD E. / HINDALONG, STEVE J.
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group



Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee - listen to the song here.
There you go flashing fever from your eyes
Hey baby, come over here and shut them tight

I'm not denying, we're flyin' above it all
Hold my hand, don't let me fall
You've such amazing grace, I've never felt this way

Oh, show me heaven
Cover me, leave me breathless
Oh, show me heaven please

Here I go, I'm shakin' just like the breeze
Hey baby, I need your hand to steady me

I'm not denying, I'm frightened as much as you
Though I'm barely touching you
I've shivers down my spine and it feels divine

Oh, show me heaven
Cover me, leave me breathless
Oh, show me heaven please

If you know what it's like to dream a dream
Baby, hold me tight and let this be

Oh heaven, cover me, leave me breathless
Oh, show me heaven please
Show me heaven
Cover me, leave me breathless
Oh, heaven please
Show me heaven
Cover me, leave me breathless




Songwriters
RIFKIN, JAY / RACKIN, ALAN ERIC / MCKEE, MARIA
Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC




Specifically for sections of Book 2 I have been listening to;


Explosions - Ellie Goulding - listen to the song here.




You trembled like you'd seen a ghost
And I gave in
I lack the things you need the most
You said where have you been

You wasted all that sweetness to run and hide
I wonder why
I remind you of the days you poured your heart into
But you never tried

I've fallen from grace
Took a blow to my face
I've loved and I've lost
I've loved and I've lost

Explosions on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid
But it will never be the same
It will never be the same

You left my soul bleeding in the dark
So you could be king
The rules you set are still untold to me and I
Lost my faith in everything

The nights you could cope, your intentions were gold
But the mountains will shake
I need to know I can still make

Explosions on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid
But it will never be the same

And as the floods move in
And your body starts to sink
I was the last thing on your mind
I know you better than you think

'Cause it's simple darling, I gave you a warning
Now everything you own is falling from the sky in pieces

So watch them fall with you, in slow motion
I pray that you will find peace of mind

And I'll find you another time
I'll love you, another time

Explosions on the day you wake up
Needing somebody and you've learned
It's okay to be afraid

But it will never be the same



Songwriters
FORTIS, JOHN FREDERIK / GOULDING, ELLIE
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, RESERVOIR MEDIA MANAGEMENT INC



The 2nd Law Isolated System - MUSE - listen to the song here.


In an isolated system, the entropy can only increase
In an isolated system, the entropy can only increase
In an isolated system, the entropy can only increase
In an isolated system, the entropy can only increase



And don't forget you can purchase Book 1 here!


No comments:

Post a Comment