Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hand made Mini Album

Until I was browsing through some old photos the other day I had completely forgotten a little mini album I had made many Mothers Days ago.

The front of Grandma Carols Brag Book



When my friend had her twins, someone had made the two girls identical little pastel albums with a concertina looking spine, and tied closed with ribbon.  My friend let me look the books over and take pics so that I could figure out how it had been assembled.

Showing the spine and construction of the book



Then I went to spotlight and found a kit that looked very similar.  I purchased the kit but only used it as a template, and combined the ideas from the kit and the pics I had of my friends albums.




I was very pleased with the results for the childrens Grandma Carol.  It was neat and compact; small enough to slip into her handbag.




I'm glad that most times these days, thanks to my smart phone, I remember to take pictures of my creations, but just 5 or 6 years ago it wasn't that easy.




I think it's time to make an update version of this mini album with step by step instructions that you can also follow, to make you own beautiful hand made gift. :-)

The back cover with a secret letter to unwrap!



No comments:

Post a Comment