Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Having a bad decade? You are not alone....



8 years ago today we returned home from our wonderful first NT trip, a trip that had left a life changing impression on my heart, and a very clear message of what God might be wanting from me, from us, as a family. 

Then suddenly it seemed like we walked into what has become a really horrible decade. Yes I said decade. 2 more crappy years to go.....and then I think, what if it's not a bad decade....what if it started BEFORE 2008??? When will it end??

I cannot remember the last time I looked forward to a new year starting as lately all the problems of the previous year always seem to be rolling over with me.

But I remember the first time I truly dreaded the new year.

I cried silently on one end of the telephone, not wanting to tarnish or diminish the joy my friend felt at leaving the old year, and her cancer, behind her & starting a new year fresh & healthy. 

It was NYE 2008.  The end of the first horrible year & and as I cried all I saw stretched out before me in my new year was death.....

**************************************************************

In my worst moments this is what I feel.

I forget the promises of God for mine & my childrens life. I forget that He carries me during my lowest points. And I forget the He is with me whenever I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He lays a table before me so that I may eat in comfort in the presence of mine enemies & those who wish me ill; not a worry in the world, for God is my protector & Jesus my intercessor.



Worst of all I forget that the good times out weigh the bad times. We have gone through some pretty extreme lows but have also been rewarded with some really incredible highs.




We've been witness to multiple miracles achieved through the power of prayer & Faith in the Holy Spirit! Nothing is more amazing than that; and some people might claim they've never seen one miracle. Not one...





I don't have all the answers. But I know that God is with me, and you.  That He hears the cries of my wounded heart, and yours. That He has a plan.

As they say....It's in the Valleys we grow.

And my Faith growth has become exponential.....







1 comment:

  1. You have to remember the good times.i can tell you that you have given me good times especially when i was really down and didnt think i could go on.you have a lot to deal with but still had time for me. Thank you love mum xxx

    ReplyDelete